RNA-protein interactions play a key role in many cellular processes, including gene regulation, protein synthesis and cellular signalling pathways. RNA antisense purification coupled with mass spectrometry (RAP-MS) is a cutting-edge technology used for the study of RNA-protein interactions in cells. The main idea behind RAP-MS is to capture RNA molecules and their interacting partners (such as RNA-binding proteins), and then identify them using mass spectrometry.
What RAP-MS can offer?
- Embark upon the exploration of the intricate and nuanced interactions that transpire between RNA-binding proteins and messenger RNA (mRNA) molecules, ascertaining a more thorough and comprehensive understanding of the multifaceted mechanisms of gene regulation.
- Undertake the scrutiny and discernment of the dynamic and multifarious interactions that occur between non-coding RNA molecules, specifically microRNAs, and target proteins, with the ultimate aim of delving deeper into the fundamental role that non-coding RNAs play in an assortment of cellular processes.
- Examine with meticulous attention to detail the multifarious and intricate interactions that take place between RNA-binding proteins and RNA molecules that are embroiled in the complex and elaborate network of RNA metabolism, such as spliceosomal RNAs and ribosomal RNAs, in order to unravel the abstruse and elusive molecular mechanisms of RNA metabolism.
- Investigate and scrutinize with exactitude the complex and multifaceted interactions that transpire between RNA-binding proteins and RNAs in the context of disease states, such as cancer, with the noble intention of elucidating the convoluted and complex molecular mechanisms of disease and the prospects for potentially targeting them for therapeutic intervention.
- Conduct an in-depth exploration and comprehensive analysis of the intricate and complex interactions that occur between RNA-binding proteins and RNA molecules during the process of development, with the ultimate goal of elucidating the enigmatic and elusive molecular mechanisms that govern development and the intricate and multifaceted functions that arise from these interactions.
Creative Proteomics offers an RNA-Protein interaction analysis service based on RAP-MS technology.
Principle of RAP-MS
The principle of RAP-MS involves the use of antisense RNA oligonucleotides to selectively capture target RNA molecules in cells. Antisense RNA oligonucleotides are short, single-stranded RNA sequences that are complementary to the target RNA sequence. When these antisense oligonucleotides are added to cells, they bind to the target RNA molecules, forming RNA-antisense complexes. These complexes can then be isolated and purified using various techniques, such as immunoprecipitation, and then analyzed by mass spectrometry to identify the proteins associated with the target RNA.
Routine Analytical Procedures for RAP-MS
Advantages of RAP-MS
- High Specificity: Use antisense RNA oligonucleotides to specifically capture target RNA molecules.
- High sensitivity: Identify and quantify low abundance components of RNA-protein interactions and detect rare or transient interactions.
- Multiplexing capability: Simultaneously analyze multiple RNA-protein interactions. Study complex RNA-protein networks in a single experiment.
- High-throughput capability: Automate and scale up high-throughput analysis of RNA-protein interactions. Study a large number of interactions in a relatively short period of time.
- Integrated approach: Identifies and quantifies RNA-protein interaction components, providing an integrated approach to the study of these interactions.
- Direct measurement of interactions: Measure RNA-protein interactions directly thereby avoiding the use of indirect methods that may introduce bias or inaccuracy.
- Large dynamic range: Mass spectrometry has a large dynamic range, allowing measurement of both low and high abundance components of RNA-protein interactions in the same experiment.
Creative Proteomics has accumulated a wealth of experience in RNA-protein interaction research. Our team of technical professionals also offers other techniques for RNA-protein interaction analysis, including ChIRP, CHART, RAP-MS, RIP and RNA Pull Down, etc. Contact us to learn more.
* This service is for RESEARCH USE ONLY, not intended for any clinical use.